Sunday, February 10, 2013

Betaaaaaaa

Slender: The Arrival, the successor to Slender: The Eight Pages that we did the writing for, is now available for preorder! A kind-of pay what you want model has been adopted, using 6 tiers, with the base price for it being just 5 of your dollars. See all the other options here.

Preordering also gets you beta access to one of the "levels" in the game! It's the one that sticks the closest to The Eight Pages in terms of objectives, so it should feel pretty familiar to those of you that have played S:TEP already. A good bit of the story stuff has been stripped out to avoid spoilers, but it's still a fun area to explore while constantly looking over your shoulder. Keep an eye out for the canoeing rules because I TOTALLY WROTE THAT.

The release date has also been.....uh, released. March 26th will be when you and the full version can venture out into the night together and tell each other spooky ghost stories. That's right around the corner, depending on your perspective.

Anyway, big ole' thanks to all of you that decide to preorder for supporting Blue Isle and Parsec, and by extension, us!

More Marble Hornets on the way.

13 comments:

  1. Yes! I can't wait, I love anything MarbleHornets/Slenderman related! Can't wait for the full versioN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited for people to get their hands on the full version!

      Delete
  2. So I went ahead and sprung for the special edition. This looks like it's gonna be fun! Downloading the beta as I type this out. Looking forward to Entry 67 when it comes out too! (Why oh why do I always do Slender Man related stuff right before going to bed? It's like I don't want to sleep...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, even though this beta game is just a reboot of the eight pages, this is already so much creepier than S:TEP. S:TEP didn't bother me at all, but this has been making me get goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear, assuming you're not allergic to goosebumps or something...

      Delete
    2. Oh its /very/ good to hear. I'm one of those people where its remarkable for me to get scared or creeped out. So to give me goosebumps... that's like a trophy.

      I cannot wait for the full release. That trailer just gives me so many good feels and shivers.

      Delete
  4. Marble Hornets needs more canoeing.

    The guy has paddles for hands, the entry practically writes itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seen the trailer for The Arrival and I am super excited for it! Graphics look amazing and it looks even darker and scarier! Cannot wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for the full version (I bought the Developer's Edition) and I'm glad to see MH is picking up again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Troy, I read those canoe rules, and wow, that was powerful, I am MOVED TO TEARS, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete